Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Desperate Girl of the Week Award Goes to Emily Maynard for Her Revelations about "Bachelor" Brad Womack

Credit: Splash News Online
And The Desperate Girl of the Week Award goes to....(drum roll) Emily Maynard, 25, for revealing all of the gory details about her split from 'Bachelor' Brad Womack!

So, what did Emily do to receive this prestigious award?

Well, Access Hollywood ran a story yesterday where Emily told franchise host, Chris Harrison, that Brad couldn't give her the necessary support in their relationship to justify her move to Austin where Brad is located. “I need to know that the person I’m moving for is gonna wanna be with me six weeks down the road, much less six years. I didn’t have that reassurance and maybe we didn’t have what it takes to last forever,” said a tearful Emily.

As if these details aren't excruciating, it gets even better! After publicly acknowledging that he didn't love her enough to commit, she gushingly says, "I’ll always be in love with Brad. No one will ever hear me say a bad word about him nor will I tolerate anybody else saying anything bad about him. Not a day will go by that I don’t regret how things have turned out and wished things were different.”

Wow -- I'm going to hook her up with Shania Twain so that they can start writing Hallmark cards. Doh! Yes, I went there on Shania. She gushes a lot, too.

Ok, back to Emily. How desperate of her to tearfully pour her heart out to the media. Then, after letting everyone know how much Brad didn't want their relationship, she proclaims her undying love and regret for their ending. If anyone should be saying this, it's Brad who, by the way, isn't. There's a difference between not saying anything bad about an ex and going on and on ad nauseum which is what Emily did.

Emily needs to snap out of it! I understand that the split was recent, but maybe she should've declined interviews until later when she wouldn't cry. Either way, such heartfelt and sentimental declarations won't bring back Brad, which I think she secretly hopes will happen. The most she should've said was, "hey, it didn't work out, but this is all of the great new stuff I have going on and can't wait to share it with you all!"

Personally, I'd rather have the media bring me on their shows to talk about my accomplishments than to discuss how I am a relationship victim. All the while, people cluck, "Poor thing." Are you listening Jennifer Anniston?

No comments:

Post a Comment